Keto Diet has become the hot topic these days, many are looking for useful information on how to start and maintain a keto diet. The following article offers some useful tips and tricks which will help you to succeed on your journey to weight loss by maintaining a keto diet.
- Check and keep track of your macros (Weigh your food) - You need a fast, easy and accurate way to check your food macro. With any Food Tracker or Macros apps, you can set a daily calorie goal and record your daily food and exercise to make sure you stay on track.
- Eat when you are hungry (don't skip meals) - Eat real food (not "diet" food). Eat only when hungry. Focus on whole foods: Choose foods that are unprocessed and close to nature. Choose real foods. Eat 2-3 meals per day. Make sure to eat enough fat. Skipping meals causes the body to go into starvation mode, which lowers metabolism.
- Get sleep - If you don't get enough sleep, it can wreck the progress you made on your keto diet. Sleep deprivation can lead to unhealthy food choices and an increased appetite. For best results, we recommend getting at least 7 hours of sleep every night.
- Drink sufficient water - Drink enough water to stay properly hydrated. Not drinking enough water causes your body to "hold" on to the water it has, making you bloated and puffy. In addition, increasing your salt intake may make you feel bloated. Avoid alcohol or limit consumption to one glass.
- Cut out refined and added sugar - When you cut out refined and added sugar, your body releases insulin less often, which allows fat to burn slowly over time. This can stabilize blood sugar levels for diabetics and reduce heart disease risk.
- Eat vegetables - Eat lots of veggies. Not only are leafy greens great for you, but the carbs in veggies get broken down more slowly than other foods. Vegetables that are low in digestible carbohydrates are your best choice on a keto diet, some examples include leafy greens, asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower and most other vegetables.
- Take a multivitamin and mineral supplement - Taking a multivitamin and mineral supplement can help you get nutrients you may miss on the keto diet. Ask your doctor about an appropriate product. Check the supplement label carefully to ensure that it does not provide more than 50 grams of total carbohydrates.