As a lifestyle and dietary approach, the keto diet can be an effective way to lose weight. But the keto diet is not for everyone! The pros and cons of the keto diet may make it unclear whether it's beneficial or dangerous to your health. Let's break down some of the benefits and disadvantages of this diet program so you can decide whether it's right for you.
- keto diet is great for weight loss
- keto diet is good for controlling blood sugar
- keto diet is good for controlling cholesterol
- keto diet is good for controlling blood pressure
- keto diet is good for controlling inflammation
- keto diet is not sustainable for everyone
- keto diet may not be right for your lifestyle, health & your goals
- The keto diet is very restrictive
- The keto diet can be difficult to stick to
Takeaway: The keto diet is definitely not for everyone. In the end, you have to consider your specific needs and goals when it comes to deciding between a low-carb diet like keto and the traditional “formula” of calories in versus calories out. The biggest question that remains is this: can you think of a time where reducing carbohydrates from your diet would be beneficial? If so, then perhaps showing your doctor that eating less carbs could help you reach your health goals would be enough to get their support! You should also do your research before starting any diet so that you know what it involves and if it would be right for you. Think about your health needs and talk to a doctor before starting it.