- Befriend ' Ketosis'
- It's important to understand the changes or effects that will show your body is in Ketosis.
Among these is change in the way your breath smells, weight loss, increased ketones in blood, breath or urine, appetite suppression, Short term fatigue, decreases in performance, increase focus and energy, digestive issues, insomnia
- Tips to cure the "keto flu"
- Stay hydrated, increase sodium intake as well as potassium, eat enough fat, get quality sleep, do light exercise
- Create a list of keto-friendly items to create hassle-free shopping.
- Be familiar with how to read nutrition labels and know what is fine to have while you're on the keto diet.
- Enjoy the menu you love with some easy swaps
- No need to completely skip happy hour.
- Alcoholic beverages like vodka and gin are low in carbs.
Wine lovers are also welcome, opt for drier varieties like pinots.
- As well as the creamer in your coffee
Half and half and heavy whipping cream are a better alternative for your coffee than whole milk
- Opt for dairy options that are low in carbs
- Such as blue cheese, brie, cheddar, cream cheese, feta, goat cheese, gouda, parmesan, mozzarella, cottage cheese, ricotta, sour cream,
- While fruits are always healthy not all of them are Keto Friendly
- The best fruits for your diet is Strawberry, Avocado, Raspberry, Blueberry, Lemon
- Same goes for veggies
- The best candidates for vegetables on Keto would be spinach, lettuce, asparagus, avocado, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, bell pepper, green beans and kale.