We all know how damaging sugar is to our health, but it seems more people don't even realize that carbs and especially refined sugars aren't the only issue. If you have been wondering how to make a healthy keto plan for yourself or someone else, here are some tips to help you on your journey.
- Write down everything you eat and drink for three days. Then identify where you can remove foods that aren't healthy for you.
- Look for recipes that are quick and easy, but are also high in healthy fats, low in carbohydrates and diverse in protein sources.
- Choose primarily wild caught fish as your protein source and buy organic grass-fed meat whenever possible.
- Be sure to always have fatty cuts of meat or fatty fish on hand for when you need a quick meal and don't have time to cook properly.
- Use natural fat sources like olive oil, coconut oil, nuts, seeds and avocados instead of processed oils like vegetable oil or shortening.
- Don't be afraid of all the saturated fat on your keto meal plan; it's helping you feel full faster and stay fuller longer.
- Make sure to keep your keto diet balanced by eating enough vegetables every day.
- Replace any processed snacks with keto-friendly options like low-carb vegetables topped with high-quality cheese or flax crackers topped with peanut or almond butter.
- If you regularly consume alcohol, be aware that beer may not fit into your keto
We're here to help you make the right choices with your new, healthy lifestyle. We offer a variety of low-carb and keto-friendly sweets, snacks, sugar-free mug cakes, and bake mixes that will keep you on track with your diet. Shop online today or visit the nearest The Vitamin Shoppe, Winn-Dixie, and H-E-B. stores in your area.